• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsink or Waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chocobo

Ok why do they make a GPU waterblock that only covers the front ram? Does it matter if i cool only the front?

And would it make a big difference in performance if i only did ramsinks than watercooling?

Man im talking about the GPU as the VPU and yes they do make blocks that cover all. the front parts 4 GPU ram and 1 VPU as you like to call it.

Sorry I misunderstood, lol I know they make waterblocks that cover it all I didnt say they didnt. So get one of those then if your worried about it. You may be able to get better timings if your ram is also watercooled. If you just watercool the front ram and put heatsinks on the rear ram that would be fine but you wont get the OC potential you would if they were all watercooled.

Well of course but i am trying get an answer on how much of a difference is there.

you could watercool ur ram.. but it wouldn't improve much over ramsinks. There was one guy who peliter cooled his video ram, didn't get anything out of it.
ram doesn't produce that much heat and has a good tolerence to heat (more or less). ramsinks should be enough.

Back