• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok so i'm going to Watercool, what do i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaso

I want to Watercool, reading through the forum it seems everyone is saying "Do a self-build" But, i would prefere to have as much of the kit outside my PC as possible. I have a rather small case and i don't think i could fit a whole kit in here.
So i've been reading up, Three ones i have seen are :

Koolance Exos
ThermalTake Aquarius III
Zalman Reserator

From the reviews i have read the ThermalTake is pritty hot, and it looks ugly,
The Zalman Is silent, which is a big plus and it looks rather cool (though slightly phallic)
The Koolance is pritty good, though it doesn't come with CPU or VGA blocks, as i'd want both that would push the price up a bit, though it might be good as i could buy good blocks (i've heard the name Maze4 thrown around a bit)

Or finially i suppose i could do a self build and hide the the Radator/pump outside, but how far away from my PC can i put the rad?, also if i do this which comps are the best, i would be looking to spend no more than the cost of the Reserator

So, what should i do then?

out of those 3, i would choose the koolance exos for sure
but as you said, you can get better performance out of aa custom kit, even if you place it in an exterior box apart from your case, this just means you have to have more tubing and a slightly stronger pump...

If your going to do a kit, the Swiftech H20-8600 kits are the best IMO and very easy to install. If you are going to do your own more power to ya.

Danger Den RBX or TDX are good cpu blocks to use.
Pump - Swiftech mcp-600 is very good and comes with the above kit.
radiator- most will recommend the chevette heater core or other. But goto www.dtekcustoms.com and get a Pro-120 Hi performance radiator there if you dont want to use a heatercore.

You dont want to have the radiator too far away because then you will lower your flow. I have a very very small case and am able to fit everything inside.

If you do the Exos, please update these forums with your results. I've been wanting to buy one of those myself :D

Back