• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Kits?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that will definitely be able to handle your processor, and methinks you'd be much more impressed with the danger den over the exos as SureFoot said, might be a little more work to install it all since the exos is just a big external kit, but the performance difference is pretty big

Well the DD "power" kit includes basically everything, the pump is good, the WB is very good, the BiX is your mandatory-watercoolig-efficient-rad (although a tad expensive).. plus you get all necessary hardware, apart maybe from an airtrap, make sure to get the airtrap from DD as well to save on shipping and you've got one excellent and complete watercooling kit. Overclocking will be an easy option BTW.

yea, i got the DD basic kit and its awesome, basically a DIY setup done for you, i recenlty upgraded it a bit, but not for lack of power

Well, I got my kit yesterday. Installed it today (my birthday, im 16 :) ). Everything works fine. I will have lots of pics tomorrow. Only question: When I filled it with distilled water, put a cap full of water wetter in and turned the pump on, the water became VERY cloudy, allmost white in color. Did I do something wrong?

Jason Hilton said:
Well, I got my kit yesterday. Installed it today (my birthday, im 16 :) ). Everything works fine. I will have lots of pics tomorrow. Only question: When I filled it with distilled water, put a cap full of water wetter in and turned the pump on, the water became VERY cloudy, allmost white in color. Did I do something wrong?
nope, that usually happens, it's foam and stuff, it goes away over time if you let things sit

Jason Hilton said:

Put a couple of drops of liquid dish soap in, it makes the bubbles disperse more quickly.

steve

I ordered a "custom" kit from Danger Den. Instead of the BiX, I opted for the heatercore/shroud for $42. The shroud is kind of iffy, but the heatercores were selling for 30 bucks around here anyways, and for 42 I got the core with the barbs already set and leaktested. Worth 10 bucks to me, that's just something else I woulda screwed up :p

DangerDen is an excellent site to buy everything you need. Investigate the custom kit option, you may be able to cut 10-20 bucks out and get something that may end up better for your situation.

Installed:
computerwater.JPG

Finished:
computerwater2.JPG

fixed it for ya :D
looks good

Very nice setup, and yes you can overclock a prescott, persay you have the cooling to back it up with. I run a 3.0 prescott at 3.6 currently with the infamous Aqurious II liquid cooling... load temps around 51c playing farcry on the highest settings.

So all and all, YES you can overclock a prescott...

Here ya go, a screenshot of mine.

Attachments

• cpuz.jpg
    cpuz.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 217
Back