• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teamgreen

I'm considering making a custom reservoir out of an acrylic tube.

I want to put the res where my 80mm blowhole is. There is a fill hole on top connecting straight into the loop via a y-fitting. I'm hoping this design will limit the air bubbles created with refilling the system.

reservoir2.jpg

The second hole on top is for air to escape while the system is being filled.

it seems like a very good idea, easy to bleed and fill. Becareful a company might steal that idea (lol). But yeah that idea is good, you should definetly try and build that. It brings together the best of both worlds a T line and a reservoir.

I wonder, would you need a way to close off the air opening once you've filled it? Would it just suck air into the system?

BlueMan said:
I wonder, would you need a way to close off the air opening once you've filled it? Would it just suck air into the system?

I was planning on using a threaded female reducer screwed and bonded to the res itself. And then a threaded male cap to screw into the reducer for the air.

Also a threaded female cap for the fill line.

I'm not so good with the diagramming (That little mspaint picture above took me 40 minutes), but here are some pdf's from US Plastics (I'm not sure if it's okay to link directly to other sites so if this is not allowed, I'll remove them):

female reducer
http://www.usplastic.com/pdfdatafiles/drawings/62241drawing11-2003.pdf

male plug
http://www.usplastic.com/pdfdatafiles/drawings/62151drawing11-2003.pdf

The female reducer will be screwed and bonded to the reservoir and the male plug will be screwed into the female reducer so that it can be unscrewed and screwed in when drained and refilled.

Back