• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st Attempt at Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techman36

Registered
Well, I finally plopped down some cash to get some water into my rig. It was a REALLY tight fit in my little Aluminum case but, I think I did ok for a first timer. You will notice that the Rad fits EXACTLY under the drive bay, I was really lucky. Yes, I know its a bit messy, but its my first try, what can I say.

Waterchill1Small.jpg

Waterchill3Small.jpg

Anyway, suggestions?

Techman

Dosent look too bad.

A problem I see is the RBX/WW being used with waterwetter. The filmy stuff from ww might clog the tiny channels.

Also, you could probbably get rid of some of the excess tubing youve got in there, it might give you a degree differnece, but itll make it look much cleaner.

How do thoes tubes go into your blocks and what not? it looks really clean. i have a crap load of hose clams on my setup

Its the Asetek system, push in and pull back and your done, so easy and clean looking.

But ya I agree, I need to trim back some hose some.

Oh, and Im using the Zerex Super Racing Coolant.

rewind_rob said:
where do you get this? can you put these on all blocks or just certian ones?

if you're referring to the Asetek method of connecting the tubing to the blocks, it only works for those specific blocks as they are designed to be used that way, without clamps

Couple more shots of it in use today. As you can see I added a rear fan to help with the air flow.

I think Im gonna add some zip ties to my "Y" connector just to be safe.

My L30 pump is flaky and if I move it, it will cut out. I'm expecting to get it replaced (if Asetek responds to email) and I will probably do some hose trimming then.

My mix is a little less cloudy this time around too.

Waterchill4-Small.JPG

Waterchill5-Small.JPG

Techman

Barton 2500+ @ 2.2GHz. I can get up to 2.3, but not very stable. My temp range from idle to load is like 42-52. This thing sits under my desk, so I can't ask for much better temps with the horrible air flow down there.

Interesting, according to Asetek it should be connected this way. Are they wrong?

asetekloop.jpg

It doesn't really matter what order parts are in. There should be about a .5c variance from the best setup to the worst so just put it together based on what uses the least amount of tuing/looks the best.

techman36 said:
Interesting, according to Asetek it should be connected this way. Are they wrong?

asetekloop.jpg

They suggest that to lower the pressure on the intake side. The lower the pressure the better the pump will perform.

Back