• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin Blower + Caprice Heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icypyro

Registered
Hey all, I'm new to the forum (at least I've finally started posting).

I'm planning on designing & building a case from scratch, and I'm putting together the part list and 3D models at this stage. For the watercooling system, I have already aquired an Iwaki WMD20RLZT and a 73' Caprice hc. The hc will be in its own air flow zone, drawing air through a grill on one side of the case, and blowing it through the hc and out a grill on the other side (I'll start another thread with progress + renders if you guys want for the case). However, I want to use a Torin blower for the heatercore, but I want to keep it inside the case. Will the blower's performance be hampered if it is in a wind tunnel type duct, with a large grill at one end of the wind tunnel?

Also, if a blower will work ok without sucking air in an enclosed space, what blower would you guys recommend for a Caprice hc? I have attached dimensions and a render I made of the hc for those of you that don't have them off hand.

73_caprice_hc_dimensions.gif

73%20caprice%20hc%20render01.jpg

Last edited:
try getting that 540cfm blower thatn excess uses on his caprice, you might want to ask him. i think cathar uses it too

go to www.surpluscenter.com and search for "blower". on the last page of hits you'll see the 540cfm blower. I've got one in the mail right now, so I'll let people know how I like it. There's a thread that recently talked about it too, try searching.

go to www.surpluscenter.com and search for "blower". on the last page of hits you'll see the 540cfm blower. I've got one in the mail right now, so I'll let people know how I like it. There's a thread that recently talked about it too, try searching.

Here is a link to excess's thread, a friend pointed it out to me: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=299703

Its a Fasco 12V 540 CFM Blower, and SurplusCenter.com is out of them. Does anyone know of anywhere else to get them?

Last edited:
considering I tried everywhere I could think of locally to find one (even contacted them asking for distributors, they never answered) - I'd guess you'll have to wait until they come back into stock.

Yeah, I've been trying to get in touch with the distributors myself, and they never respond. I've even gone so far as calling them, but I always get the run around and haven't really gotten anywhere. Oh well... I guess I'm in for the wait.

Last edited:
icypyro said:
Yeah, I've been trying to get in touch with the distributors myself, and they never respond. I've even gone so far as calling them, but I always get the run around and haven't really gotten anywhere. Oh well... I guess I'm in for the wait.

looks to me as if they are not just oos, but the product has vanished.... lots of surpluscenter's stuff is discontinued lines so i reckon you're out of luck (unless someone else decides it's too much for them and puts it on the classifieds...)

agreed with greenman.
i have a 100+watt cpu wb, nb block, and gpu (9700pro oc like hell) block, putting probably more then 200 watts of heat into my system and my torin keeps temps pretty cool. i actually tested it out with an expensive thermometer. its temps vs time; from boot up.
cpu-water-ambient.gif
water/ambient temps are 5c and don't increase (these are all under load) adding a 100cfm fan decreased the water temp by 2c, but the noise wasn't worth it.
i'd stick to a torin

Back