• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5...wow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

This may or may not belong here - but I had to report:

I just reseated my CPU with Arctic Silver 5. I put on a medium layer, so it wouldn't squish out the sides (highly conductive) and then fired it all back up.

My temps dropped 7 degrees at idle! My load temps still aren't great (no HSF gives great load temps from my experience, unless you're dealing with 90dB ones...lol). This is NOT on a WC'd machine. that comes next. But I just thought I'd share: for all of you using the thermal grease provided with processors....spend the money and get some AS5, it's excellent.

I would venture to guess that most people in this forum already use at least AS3. But thanks for the heads up. I loved it when I finally switched over! And with as tiny of an amount that they ship with processors, you'd figure it would be cheap enough to just go ahead and include packages of AS3!

SatanSkin said:
What's that? How is it non conductive and why? Is AS3 better?

well i think that they used less silver, or did something else to it. and why would AS3 be better than something with a bigger # after it lol :p but no AS5 is the better one.

what's the deal with ceramique stuff? I think I heard someone say that was better for waterblocks...but the specs dont seem to be.

Back