• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one bix or two

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ukdan

hi all, I have 1 black ice extreme rad in the back of a new case im building, what i need to know is will i see much improvement if i add another to the lower front. the case is an antec super lan boy.

people will tell you to get heater cores. they'll lower temps more than the BIX's if you can afford the space

there just not available at the moment where i am (in the uk and car heater cores are all ally here), so the best option i have at the mo is a bix.

Hey, ukdan you are putting wcing in the same case as me :) I still have to take the rivets out to remove the front drive cage. I am planning on placing a BIX in the back and then either another BIX in the front or a jr-120 heatercore. I am going to be cooling cpu, nb, and gpu and I think having the 2 rads will definitely help.

This is kinda but not unrelated, but if you've got a series system with a CPU and GPU/NB blocks, would having [RAD-pump-CPU-rad-GPU-NB to the first rad] do anything beneficial? It's not like the NB/GPU get that hot, but...eh. Just idle pondering. :p

SatanSkin said:
Why not get a dual BIX for the back and put that single up front. I imagine that should help quite a bit.
Not enough room on the back for a dual. Any way panic over ive just managed to find a rad identical to a jr120 so all i need to do now is work out my routing. any suggestions?

Im thinking pump-front rad-t.line-cpu-gpu-rear rad-pump-front rad or
front rad-t.line-cpu-rear rad-gpu-pump-front rad

RC64 said:
Hey, ukdan you are putting wcing in the same case as me :) I still have to take the rivets out to remove the front drive cage. I am planning on placing a BIX in the back and then either another BIX in the front or a jr-120 heatercore. I am going to be cooling cpu, nb, and gpu and I think having the 2 rads will definitely help.

heres some pics of what ive done so far....

Attachments

• DSCF0037.JPG
    DSCF0037.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0039.JPG
    DSCF0039.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 48
Looks sweet ukdan. You are much further along than I am lol. The routing I am planing on doing is pump->front rad->cpu->nb->back rad->gpu->res->back ot pump. The pump and res will be in the front after the rad and will be next to eachother. I am using 3/8 tubing with coolsleeves except for pump inlet and outlet which will be 1/2. Using the 3/8 with coolsleeves seems to really help with routing.

well i ordered a identical heater core to a jr120 and a blinking dual 120mm arrived so i have to wait another two days for the correct one to come.
any one else have an opinion on what my routing should be?

by the way im cooling cpu and gpu only with swiftech blocks and pump

The best routing would be what is easiest/uses the least tubing.
I would guess you would get an additional 2°C drop in CPU temps.

Back