• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Reserator highest OC vc Highest Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JenBell

Hi

I am a happy owner of a zalman reserator. I get the following temps:
3.0Ghz non-OCed, idle= 18c load= 26. Oced 3.4Ghz w/ vcore 1.67 idle= 32c load= 38c. Room temp was constant at 18c.
These temps were taken 2 hours after pc had been in use. Max load was measured while Prime95 was running. I minused 10c from the abit reported temps as I know while running the same setup on a asus p4p I was getting similar temps from.

Has anyone managed to push the rese to 3.75 and above? What’s the temps you got?

Thanks… :eh?:

Last edited:
JenBell said:
Hi

I am a happy owner of a zalman reserator. I get the following temps:
3.0Ghz non-OCed, idle= 18c load= 26. Oced 3.4Ghz w/ vcore 1.67 idle= 32c load= 38c. Room temp was constant at 18c.
These temps were taken 2 hours after pc had been in use. Max load was measured while Prime95 was running. I minused 10c from the abit reported temps as I know while running the same setup on a asus p4p I was getting similar temps from.

Has anyone managed to push the rese to 3.75 and above? What’s the temps you got?

Thanks… :eh?:

why do i have the feeling that you attached the wrong photo........ ;)

I was going to post a pic of my reserator but my room is way too messy at the moment, I'll take another pic once the house cleaner has been around :eh?:

lol, nice pic
ur getting 18c Idle with room temps as idle? only way thats possible is if you mean 'off' by idle.
i think your temp probe is off.
that drastic 14c increase from only 400mhz shows that the reserator is holding u back :-/. try using a table fan (at low) right next to the radiator and see if u can get any higher.

I am not kidding. I am gonna borrow a probe to find out the real temp but 18c is what I get unless its really hot then I get arount 25c. My room is nice and icy as I have 20+ cisco routers that pump out an amazing amount of heat and noise. My AC is cooling the room to 14c but the cisco stuff makes it 18c. Idle temp is after benchmarking for 2 hours so I know its all good. I got also got this temp from asus p4p mobo. When I touch the tower is like ice...really cold. I know the asus mobos have a habit of under-reporting the temp but when I lowered the room temp is my new mates place (known him ofr 4 days) using a dfi mobo with 3.0 cpu the mobo also reported a temp of 18/19c when idle. The abit mobo seems way off. On his pc we never got the cpu temp to go above the case temp of default settings. He has 4 noisy 80mm fans and I have 2x 120mm running at low rpm of 1400. Kind of the same. I think I am getting ready for my 1st mod...well I dont know if you can actually call it that, er I can anyway. I am gonna get a fan and mount it on top of the tower blowing air down. It will be quite and spinning at low rpms, as long as I can feel a breeze at the bottom it should be fine...even better would be if some mod guru donated a small customised mini AC system to keep the tower at like 4c constant then...anything is possible I guess.

Back