• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stoppers for a t-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's what I use for a cap on my T. The pic shows a 3/4" barb instead of 1/2", but the other end is a garden hose thread. Then just add a screw-on cap with a rubber washer or an 0-ring. But I do like the marble idea. Cheap and clean. :clap:

is.php

edit: oops, James beat me to it

For now, I just use a "t" as a stopper. Yes, I know the water can still leak out if I were to turn the computer upside, but why would i turn the PC upside down? :confused:

[KX3]rAge said:
would one of THESE work? or would it be to hard to get in and out...

Wouldn't work. Neither would a "T". The point of a stopped is to seal the t-line to reduce the amount of evaporation out of the system. As well as keep the water from leaking out.

my local hardware store (true-value i think) had black rubber stoppers ($.65) in lots of sizes...works GREAT! if you cram it in good, its water (air) tight.

before i found them, i used the end of my girlfriends blush brush and a hose clamp. (cut off the brush part) or the top to her nail polish bottle. needless to say, we were both happy to find the rubber stoppers :p

If you go with a screw-type stopper at the end of the T-line, make sure it has an O-ring in it, or else you might as well leave it open for all the good it will do you.

I use a 1/2" NTP threaded barb with a threaded PVC cap. Found the cap at ACE and I got a 10 pack of barbs from MC Master (needed one for my pump anyways). Seals up the T as well as any other connections in the system (which I hope are air tight :eek: ).

Back