• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

airflow directions with 2 rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzzuf

My new setup is going to have a 71 capris heatercore in the front with 2 120mm fans on it and one dtekjr120 heater in the top with 1 120mm fan on it. now i cant decide which way i should have the fans sucking/blowing. currently im thinking of like in the pic below, but then the top rad will be blowing hot air over that rad. the other way is the way in the other pic, but the prob here may be that i dont have enough sucking power from the back getting all that hot air from both rads blowing into the case. what do you guys think here?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 53
Both ways look good IMO. I think figure 2 would work best if you have a good fan on the back as exhaust. I would experiment with both configurations and see which gives the best performance. Its hard to tell.

I'd use figure one and forcer everything upward. There are not many componets that produce heat in the bottom of your PC, so the majority of heat is in the top half of your case. It should be more efficient to bring in the cooler outside air from the bottom and move it upwards expelling it out the top of the case.

Your second method is how I have my rads setup, both pulling in. I have 4 80's for exhaust, so it works for me. :)

All it takes is a simple fan direction swap between the two, so I'd try both and see what impact it has on your temps.

A-Speck said:
All it takes is a simple fan direction swap between the two, so I'd try both and see what impact it has on your temps.

it seems simple enough but not if you have it all bolted down with wires hiding back there and also having o remove the psu to get in there which requires removing the top case panel which requires removing the 2 side case panels.......you get the point lol:)

Back