• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WW or MCW6002?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

I'm at that point when I've bought everything I can except my cpu block.

I'll be running a two block setup. here are my other componants:

Mag3
Silverprop HL GPU block
Fedco 3-342 (GDI 399090) HC
Criticool Powerplant Res
1/2" tubing
540cfm dual blower

I'll be running all the componants except the res and the blocks in an external box that will sit under the computer. the res. will be mounted on top of the case as the highest point easier fill/bleed and letting air escape.

What I can't decide is: should I get the WW (which I assume has the new lapped finish) or should I get the MCW6002 that comes out supposedly tomorrow.

Suggestions?

Well if you get a WW, won't it have 1 in and 2 out? I think they both perform very closely. I would decide on routing a 3 barb CPU block vs a 2 barb CU block. The swifty is also all copper.

Just curious, where did you see a release date for the MCW-6002. Ive been searching because I would like to get one also but cant find any info about it.

BlueMan said:
I'm at that point when I've bought everything I can except my cpu block.

I'll be running a two block setup. here are my other componants:

Mag3
Silverprop HL GPU block
Fedco 3-342 (GDI 399090) HC
Criticool Powerplant Res
1/2" tubing
540cfm dual blower

I'll be running all the componants except the res and the blocks in an external box that will sit under the computer. the res. will be mounted on top of the case as the highest point easier fill/bleed and letting air escape.

What I can't decide is: should I get the WW (which I assume has the new lapped finish) or should I get the MCW6002 that comes out supposedly tomorrow.

Suggestions?

thats what i've been trying to decide on too (lol, i guess thats not much help!)
well, i'll lay down the pros/cons about each.

mcw:
Pros:
  • Preforms slightly better then the WW
  • All copper construction
  • Swiftech's diamond lapping (sweet finish)
Cons:
  • VERY restrictive. might affect other components (if u care about them.. i don't)
  • looks ugly.. what?? it does!

WW:
Pros:
  • new mirror finish
  • ledgendary kick@$$ design which has been tested many many times
  • looks sweet (expectually with a clear top)
Cons:
  • Aluminum top : might cause corrosion, will need corrosion inhibitors.
  • Polytop : Might crack, cause leaks/damages
  • More expensive.

Personally, i have an issue with the barbs. i've already adapted my system to a 3barb waterblock, switching would be hard.

ok thanks, i had checked that page numerous times and didnt see the June 10th date there lol.

I think between the 2 I would go with the WW for performance but I like the old school all copper look of the swifty :D

I think I'm leaning towards the swiffy. Personally I think it looks kinda sharp :)

I definitly like the 2 barb setup since I'm starting from scratch.

I really like what you get for the price you pay with the MCW6002. I would've gotten it but I got a deal on an RBX so I got that instead.

price isn't really an issue, but form all the tests I've seen the MCW6002 actually performed BETTER than the WW. I know it's hard to break from the tradition of excellence that the WW has set, but...

No, the 6002 had huge flow restriction compared to the WW. Actually the 6002 (6000) has the highest flow restriction of all the blocks in JoeC's review.

would the mag3 be powerful enough to take advantage of that?

BlueMan said:
would the mag3 be powerful enough to take advantage of that?
The Mag3 is a fairly strong pump already, so I'm sure it'd be able to handle the 6002 and the Silverprop. My personal vote is for the MCW6002. Korndog summarized everything I had in mind when deciding between the two. However, the 6002 might reduce restriction because of the larger 1/2" barbs. If this happens, flow rate will increase, and performance will as well (provided it follows the MCW6000's charateristics).

Definetely go with the Swiftech. The routing is a big player in the decision, and a two-barb block is a lot easier to work with. The performance is also obviously a big concern, the MCW 6002 probably being the better choice there as well. As for the block's restrictive design; with a Mag3 and only one other water block, the restrictiveness of the MCW 6002 won't be a big deal.

felinusz said:
Definetely go with the Swiftech. The routing is a big player in the decision, and a two-barb block is a lot easier to work with. The performance is also obviously a big concern, the MCW 6002 probably being the better choice there as well. As for the block's restrictive design; with a Mag3 and only one other water block, the restrictiveness of the MCW 6002 won't be a big deal.

i agree - since the gpu block will lessen the effect of the swiftech's restrictiveness (as there's more restriction in the rest of the loop)... you could put the saving towards upgrading the pump to an mcp600/AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 or D4 for even better performance...

Its been said b4, but bears say again. There are copper tops avaible for the ww.
http://www.logiccooling.com
And as u said cost isnt a issue, blueman, then maybe that would be something for u.
At least it kills of one of the cons about it :)

so did anyone here order or have a mcm6002? if so how is the performance? thanks

Back