• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

average water kit or decent air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cho

I heard that a decent heatsink will perform better than average/poor water cooling. I'm a newbie in water cooling and cannot assembly different water block, pump, radiator etc into a completed system at this moment. So I'm now considering Swiftech's 8600 Liquid Cooling Kit to cool a 3.0C. Then I would like to ask whether this kit will perform better than an SP94? :confused:

It takes a top notch heat sink run with a (noisy) Tornado to equal the performance of (silent) average watercooling kits. That being said, the DIY setups that most people here run will outperform all of the kits I've heard of by several degrees.

So yes. The Swifty kit will perform better. But DIY is only ever so slightly harder than setting up a kit, and will perform better still (and cost less). I'd say if you want convenience in your watercooling, go for a self-contained unit like the Exos or Hydrocool, and if you want performance, go for DIY. There's not much difference in price, so it's your call.

Back