• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my temps a bit high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

I just finished setting up my new WC system, and MBM5 is telling me that my cpu is at 45c idle on stock settings.. I have a 2.4c and it is an Abit mobo, so even minus 7-10°C, it is still a bit high I think.. I have a maze4 block on my CPU and Im wondering if it sounds like it needs to be reseated? thanks in advance..

hmm.. now oc'd at 3.0ghz it says 40c idle.. thats not too bad on an abit board.. However I may take your advice and try reseating anyway

now Im running at 3.0 ghz, full load and it reads 53c in mbm5, is this an actual 53c, or since its an abit board you can figure 7-10 degrees less?

depends... could be anything..from 35 to 60..

but i think that if you got water cooling ..thats a bit high.. whats your room temP?

my ambient temp is prolly around 25c now with AC on. Ive heard that abit temp monitors are quite innacurate though.. how valid is that statement? Also, now Im at 3.2 GHZ and Im idle still at 40c so thats not changing much..

hehe.. the temp that mbm5 is reporting is the same as the bios temp right? so if I idle at 40 that can be between 30-35?

yep, thats why abit is soo good at overclocking... for the people who dont know about the temp.. is because they got such a low temp like 35 on the mobo reading but rellys its 30 so its alot more stable overclock then they think.

make sure you got the lastest bios too. that can sometimes help stable your overclock i heard

hmm.. anyone have good advice on seating a maze4 block? my temps are really crappy here..

Im just curious what kind of temps you are getting on your WC.. my mbm5 is reading 55c after priming for 2 hours but its on an abit so I figure its 48c which I think is a bit high (2.4c @3.18ghz, 1.65 vcore) I probably need to reapply AS5 as I just made a small dot in the middle of the proc and just put the block on top of it rather than spreading it out because thats what the instructions said. The block is making good contact though Im almost positive because I reseated it perfectly yesterday..

Back