• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP600 Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDizzle

Today I decided to test out the MCP600 which I bought off of a member a couple weeks ago. So I put some tubing on the inlet about 1 foot long which led to a pot filled with water. When I turned it on immediately it made this horrible grinding noise and i quickly shut off my PSU. I am confused as to why it made that noise and do not know if anything is broken or not. In the 5 sec or so that it was on it did not move any water. What's wrong?

You need to prime that pump from what I remember. Make sure there's water going into the inlet, and inside the pump before you turn it on. The pump can't and shouldn't be run dry. Five seconds shouldn't have harmed it though.

yeah. All these pumps need to have water in them at start. to do this just make sure your pot is higher than your pump and "scoop" some water down the tubes. its hard to explain, but I'm sure you'll get it.

I scooped some water in there and then turned on my pump and nothing really happend. It turned on without making that horrible noise and just did nothing.

the water is not going to flow against gravity unless the tube leading to it is completely filled with water

pumps move water, but don't suck air.

Swiftech's official position is that running the pump for any length of time without any water in it will damage the pump irreperably. It was the first thing they asked me when I called up and told them my first pump stopped working. Second one's a champ, so far.

Back