• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I buy the wrong block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemidude

I thought I researched everything, but now I am seeing comments saying the TDX is better than the RBX which I just purchased. I dont mind putting up with a slightly more difficult install for better performance. I made my choice based upon that. Oh well this is where my post purchase OCD kicks in everytime. LOL. Thanks.

from what i've read the TDX and RBX work the same, but the TDX is easyer to set up because of the single in single out.

i'd honestly get the TDX over the RBX, but thats because i want as little to go wrong as possible.

if you dint mine a complicated setup, than the RBX should do you just fine.

now something i DID yead, is theres a copper and a silver one...and the silver one get a pressure drop or something.

From JoeC's waterblock reviews, the tdx and rbx gave almost identical performance. So you wont get a performance gain by switching from the rbx to the tdx.

From everything I have seen the RBX is better than the TDX as far as performance goes. The only time I have seen the TDX come out on top is when the TDX has the #4 or#5 plate installed and the RBX has the #1. I just wish they were both reviewed with the #4 or #5 at the same time to see the difference as most who use them will run them.

Also the main reason I got the RBX over any of the others was I like the apearance best. I like the looks better than the TDX also which came out later. I feel that with all the top blocks performing within 2° of each other that cost and apearance are the main factors since that small of temp difference doesnt mean that much.

i find ease of use and simplicity are est when they are all so close. i dont care for looks, but a 2 tube has less of a chance of leaking htan a 3 tube in my mind :)

I have only been WC for like 3 months and didnt do any research b4 I bought anything so I went almost all on looks. The only thing if I bought now that I would change tho is the rad and would of gotten the fusion vid block, I wouldnt of gotten the BIX or maze4 to start with. But I still am satisfied.

Back