• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fix TEC leads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PROkillernoodle

I just bought a Maze 4-1 GPU block from a guy on ebay and I recieved it yesterday, but both leads on the TEC were loose as hell (not to mention the outside was dirty, the inside was full of cat hair and what looked like boogers and mouth floss, and the top is covered in what looks like dried up dielectric grease or something). A slight jiggle on each wire and they simply fell out. :mad: I have tried soldering and stuff, but nothing seems to stick right. I know that I need to make a flat piece of metal and stick it under the first thermocouples, but I cant make it work. Would anyone be horrified if I got a good connection and then epoxied the wires in place? I took a dremel with a wire wheel to clean off the epoxy in the TEC so I could see what was going on around the leads, but now I need to get that support back into the wires. Help!

MAN i had the same problem and all you need is soldering skills and soldering tools and hot glue gun and you are set.

1. take the wire and solder it on so it has a good connection
2. hot glue almost and atleast connecting from the peltier to solder to wire so it is secure.
3. Let the hot glue dry overnight or atleast will it is basically unmovable.

If you need more help AIM me.

I have tried soldering, no matter what I do, it just wont stick. I did just glue it and now it appears to be working fine. The wires dont jiggle, and the cold side gets cold fine, so I think I should be okay. No sparks... Sweet!:D

A connection like that one will have a pretty high resistance, so even if the pelt is working it will probably be wasting a lot of energy, and creating extra heat.

A soldered connection would be a lot better, so:

Did you use flux (acid paste) when you tried to solder it?
Did you use a solder with or without lead?

With the right solder you should be able to get it to stick.

Back