• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with the layout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

Here are the parts I have to work with in the p160 case.
WC1.jpg

Here is what I think I will basically do....
WCSetup.jpg

But should I flip the radiator? probably...Is that good placement for the tee line? I probably wanna place it in the back of the case, right of the mobo...Anything else??? Pump --> HC --> CPU block --> GPU block --> Tee line --> Pump

Optimally you want the air to be pulled through the radiator by the fan, not pushed so if you do that set up the fan would have to be on the outside of the case, otherwise you would have another intake fan. You wouldnt happen to have a blowhole on the top would you? if you do then it shouldnt be a problem.

My setup is quite similar to the one you're looking at. I have the radiator mounted exactly like that, with the fan sandwiched between it and the case. No shroud, I know, but there's really not enough clearance between the left WW outlet and the radiator as it is. You might have the same problem with your RBX, depending on your mobo. Also, having the barbs at the top will help in locating and clearing bubbles that like to get trapped in the radiator.

I mounted the pump so that the inlet is facing upwards with the T-line going straight up. It's a restriction, yeah, but it fits better in my case, looks a lot cleaner and also helps a little in priming the pump. In your case, you should also relocate the T-line to the top of your case. Remember, with T-lines, you can only fill the system the tip of the t-line before water pressure will squirt any water you add right back out at you.

Finally, don't worry at all about the order of the components in your system. While temperature change across components may be a consideration for an ultra-low-flow German setup, any high-flow, 1+ GPM 'Murican setup experiences less than a degree of temperature difference between any two points in the loop. Which means you'll extract more performance by minimizing the amount of tubing you're using than you will by "optimizing" your flow path.

hmm ok I'll put the fan between the rad and the case, that way I won't have to drill new holes either...

isn't the t-line best just b4 the water returns to the pump? I would make the tubing go near the top of my case then...

The opening of the T-line has to be the highest point on your system. So I'd put it up high between your rad and your pump, just so you don't have a great long tube sticking up the center of your system, and then swap the inlet and outlet of your pump to make priming it easier.

ok so here?
WCSetup2.jpg

wouldn't this hurt me though since its the first thing the pump pushes water through? does a T line hurt the flow any??

The T-line doesn't have to be highest. I find it's easiest if it's right before the pump, or so that water can easily flow from the T-line to the inlet of the pump.

Go with the first layout.

ah thx thats a relief i was hoping that would work...and how high would the T line need to be? would that affect much?

Back