• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What pump should I get? Ehiem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiG_aL

I don't really know the pros and cons of each pump other than big pumps create more heat....
I am going to be running a system with a res outside my case but I will not be submersing my pump in it. I'm going to run an RBX cpu waterblock and possibly a maze 4 on my vid card. Radiator I'll be using is most likely Black Ice II Xtreme Radiator.
I was wondering what is the recommended pump when money is not an issue.
Always sticking with the concept of quietness but I also want power.
Thanks,
-BiG_aL

Last edited:
not to be rude, but you really need to do some research. search for 'pumps' or find reviews.

I would suggest the MCP600. Its quiet and very good pressure and puts minimal heat in the system. It is quite compact, and just looks like a quality pump. If you need more pressure I would the go with an iwaki.

I second the MCP600 recommendation. It's small, quiet, easy to install, and in a typical restrictive setup it will pump about 30% more than an Eheim 1250 or Hydor L30. Worth the extra money, by far.

pump alternative

I have a sugestion for a alternative pump. A non-common one as it is:
A circulation pump for warm-water in houses. i use one myself and find it VERY quiet, with good flow and good priced (especially if u get a used one).

Now it IS a bit bulky, and i use mine externally, but im thinking it could be internal if one just wants it enough :)

Back