• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyones MCP600 Rev2 ever die?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesavery22

I remember when the MCP600s first came out people had problems with the impeller or whatever and swifty put out a new revision. Well mine just died.
I emailed swifty and said I had a rev1 (I assumed that because I purchased it in september). Just looked at the order history from frozencpu and it was a rev2.
My pump pumps a little when it starts up then just stops =( Luckily mbm shutdown my computer before anything bad happened.

jamesavery22 said:
I remember when the MCP600s first came out people had problems with the impeller or whatever and swifty put out a new revision. Well mine just died.
I emailed swifty and said I had a rev1 (I assumed that because I purchased it in september). Just looked at the order history from frozencpu and it was a rev2.
My pump pumps a little when it starts up then just stops =( Luckily mbm shutdown my computer before anything bad happened.

pretty sure it wouldn't be a "2" that early....

the "rev2" ones have a serial number beginning with an "S" if you want to know for sure....

edit: it's not a dodgy molex??

pauldenton said:
pretty sure it wouldn't be a "2" that early....

the "rev2" ones have a serial number beginning with an "S" if you want to know for sure....

edit: it's not a dodgy molex??

If I plug my fan controller into the same molex the fans go with no probs =\

Where is the serial number?

invisible hand said:
on the top of the pump, last line :)

Hrmmm on the top of my pump it just has a big orange sticker that says "DO NOT RUN DRY" it will void your warranty blah blah

On the back it says SWIFTECH MCP600 MAG DRIVE blah blah.

My first MCP600 was a rev. 2 pump, and it crapped out on me after about 4 days. I was just surfing the net, then all of a sudden my temp alarm went off. I checked the temp in Abit EQ, and it was steadily rising above 60. I felt the pump, and it wasn't running. After shutting it down for a few hours I tried again, and it ran alright for about 15 minutes, then stopped.

I RMA'ed it back to Swiftech and haven't had any problems with the replacement they sent me. I absolutely love it, as a matter of fact.

jamesavery22 said:
Hrmmm on the top of my pump it just has a big orange sticker that says "DO NOT RUN DRY" it will void your warranty blah blah

On the back it says SWIFTECH MCP600 MAG DRIVE blah blah.
contact your vendor for a replacement pump head, they have them
you have an original version pump, motor ok - pump head not

BillA said:
contact your vendor for a replacement pump head, they have them
you have an original version pump, motor ok - pump head not

Yeah I just saw a bunch of pics of Rev2s and they all have that metal looking label on the top (where people say the serial is) and some pics of the original that dont. Mine definitely doesnt. Guess frozencpu.com just made a mistake =\

Edit-----

Owner at frozencpu.com said because it was in September of 2003 I just have to call Swiftech and they didnt carry the replacement heads in the first place =(

Last edited:
Back