• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

going watercooling and need advice on where to place components..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

Parts I decided to purchase

Danger Den TDX CPU Block
1/2 Fittings
Radiator Black Ice Xtreme Blue II
10 Feet Tygon Tubing
Bay Rez Dual Floppy 3.5 Bay Reservoir
Maze 4 GPU
Swiftech MCP-600 12volt Pump Rev.II

Here is a link of my case and all of it's air components atm.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274848

Was thinking of moving the bottom harddrive next to the top one in pic. Should leave enough room for Dual Floppy 3.5 bay reservoir. Modded my case with 80mm blowhole with window. Was thinking of modding a new window on top of case with 2 120mm holes. Was going to move my cd rom and cd-rw drive on two bottom 5 1/4 bays. Is there any way I can mount the Black Ice Xtreme II Radiator in the top two 5 1/4 bays having the 2 120mm fans pulling the heat from the radiator out of the newly modded window with the two 120mm blowholes. Problems I am thinking I may encounter is equipping the shroud and fans equipped on radiator and getting enough clearance to run tubing without kinking the tubing. Any suggestions if this will work or better ideas to set up this watercooling system with my current case?

i really think you shud get 7 ft tygon instead of the 10. its really unneeded unless you are gonna twist and turn which is a bad thing. one more thing. you can bolt or screw the rad onto ur top blowhole area. its roomy enuf for ur black ice. make a couple of hole with a drill or sumthin and bolt/screw it on. either put the fans on top of the rad or below it, its up to you.

definitely go with the 10 ft of tubing.. its like an extra 4 dollars and its always better to have more than not enough. I would say you could mount the rad in the top of the case as that is a HUGE rad, or if you want to sacrafice some of that drive cage in the bottom, cut out a place for it in the front of the case.

Shootingblanks said:
Parts I decided to purchase

Danger Den TDX CPU Block
1/2 Fittings
Radiator Black Ice Xtreme Blue II
10 Feet Tygon Tubing
Bay Rez Dual Floppy 3.5 Bay Reservoir
Maze 4 GPU
Swiftech MCP-600 12volt Pump Rev.II

Here is a link of my case and all of it's air components atm.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274848

Was thinking of moving the bottom harddrive next to the top one in pic. Should leave enough room for Dual Floppy 3.5 bay reservoir. Modded my case with 80mm blowhole with window. Was thinking of modding a new window on top of case with 2 120mm holes. Was going to move my cd rom and cd-rw drive on two bottom 5 1/4 bays. Is there any way I can mount the Black Ice Xtreme II Radiator in the top two 5 1/4 bays having the 2 120mm fans pulling the heat from the radiator out of the newly modded window with the two 120mm blowholes. Problems I am thinking I may encounter is equipping the shroud and fans equipped on radiator and getting enough clearance to run tubing without kinking the tubing. Any suggestions if this will work or better ideas to set up this watercooling system with my current case?

no one can tell how it will fit better than you and a tape measure

you're getting reamed on that radiator, though, get a heatercore of the same size

true get a heater core. costs less and same or even better performance. take out the fan and cut an opening a little smaller than the size of the rad. then add mount it on. shudnt be oversized for your case. btw what us the top window made of?

Put the rad in the top, don't mount it on a window though, I doubt the window could handle the weight of it filled with water.

Pump down on the bottom somewhere that make the tubing shortest.

I don't think there would be that much added weight that he'd have a problem mounting right onto the window... It is plexi-glass after all and whole cases are made outta the crap these days.

the rad will be partly in my top 5 1/4 bay and will think of someway to mod it so it takes some of the weight. top widow is plexi glass and i was thinking of just getting new sheet and drilling 2 120mm holes in it with holesaw and have it pullling heat from radiator out of case. up for any other additional ideas or suggestions. thanks so far.

Shootingblanks said:
the rad will be partly in my top 5 1/4 bay and will think of someway to mod it so it takes some of the weight. top widow is plexi glass and i was thinking of just getting new sheet and drilling 2 120mm holes in it with holesaw and have it pullling heat from radiator out of case. up for any other additional ideas or suggestions. thanks so far.

plexi will work fine, esp. if it's lexan, warrantied unbreakable

better get your sig in check first, son, read the sig rules

if you post back asking where they are, you should be ashamed of yourself...not everyone's gonna hold your hand through life

Back