• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Size comparison of an Iwaki to the MCP600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Anyone have pics to compare a typical iwaki pump used by us watercoolers vs the MCP600? I have the MCP600 but I'm thinkn about an Iwaki cause I'm going for a bigger radiator Thermochill 120.3 and with a WW, NB, and GPU, its going to be killer for the MCP600. But I have a small Lian Li and its already a tight fit even for the swifty. So if anyone have pics, please post them. Thanks.

I can assure you the Iwaki is quite a bit larger. I have one of the smallest models and its still bigger than my MCP600.

it depends on what model. the 10r's are quite small, probably the same size as the MCP600. the 20's and 30's get much bigger, about the same diameter, but 2-3x longer.

is the 10r good? i mean head and flow wise. Where can i find the specs on those things?

The 10R is a bit weak... anyway, the MD-15R is about the same size as the Eheim 1250. The Iwaki is not as big in girth, but it is nearly as long. The 20 and 30 series are much bigger. Here is a pic on my MD-30RZ with a 120mm fan by it. Keep in mind, there are no barbs on the pump yet either :)

md-30.jpg

Dear god these things are huge. I think i will just try to squeeze another swifty in my case somewhere.

yup definitely wont fit in my case, especially with my soundblaster sound card installed.

can someone link me to a site where i can order one of these? i like....

btw how do u install barbs on these things? and also does it need a relay or does it run off the psu?

Go with the MCP600, size, power, and 12v convience makes it a better option PLUS it generates almost no heat of it's own making the case cooler.

Actually someone did some tests and they found the Thermochill 120x3 isn't significantly more restrictive than a Caprice (120x2) heatercore. I don't know your current rad, but it might be able to handle it.

is there anyway for you to send me the link to the test? currently i am running a danger den heatercore with 2 120mm fans.

How much noise do the Iwaki's make?
My 20r is fairly noisy. It's mostly vibration (the ground vibrates), and I'm not willing to go all crazy with the vibration isolation. I used rubber grommets above and below the mounting plate and washers and screws to hold it all together.

Just wanna show how it looks like for my Iwaki-MD20RZM.

zYKW_IMG_1196.jpg
;)

A little late but...

I just so happen to have a 3D model of an Iwaki WMD-20RLZT that I made for my case that I am building. I threw together a dimensions overview + some renders I already had + one more quick render I just made right now for a size comparision (using some other models I had lying around).

Dimensions:

iwaki_wmd20rlzt_dimensions.gif

Size Comparision:

iwaki_wmd20rlzt_render03.jpg

Render 1:

iwaki_wmd20rlzt_render01.jpg

Render 2:

iwaki_wmd20rlzt_render02.jpg

Hope it helps! :thup:

Last edited:
Back