• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases useable with D-TEK Pro-Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

At the moment I have a Yeong Yang YY-0420B but only one of my two D-TEK Pro-Core's can fit in it. Modding the case not easy to do, so I am looking for a case that can support both.
And I would like to have a mid/full tower model.

I was thinking about putting both heatercores in the top, or just one in the bottom or top of the case. The case would also need the room for shrouds and fan's in push/pull system.

Making my own case is not really an option too. I have idea's but not the skills to do so. Letting my case build up to my specs would be very expensive too.

So, does anyone use these heatercores in a mid/full tower or simple have any ideas, I would like to hear them.

Specs of the heatercore: (WxHxD) 152x178x50mm.
Specs of the fully mounted heatercore with shrouds and fan's: (WxHxD) 152x178x175mm)

I am exactly in the same situation: got a YY cube and considering getting a 2nd D-Tek core...
You could fit 2 of them in a Yeong Yang YY-W201, i suppose. At work i built a server in one of those wonderful cases. I have not test fitted my Pro-Core in it though :( And now the server is far away.. As i can recall the case is *very* deep, and quite large as well. I think one could fit a D-Tek core on the rear, with the 120mm fan behind the blowhole (there's a 120mm blowhole near the ATX rear panel)
Those huge Lian Li server boxes are good candidates as well.

That YY-W201 looks nice, but it will never fir those huge Pro-Cores. The J-120 may fit though.

THe Lian PC-70 should fit since it is 210mm wide, but I do not know what the inner wide is.

Hmm i'm quite sure the W201 is large enough to fit a Pro Core, at least in front. It's 220mm wide... As for the rear, i'd need measurements.. i know some reviewers out there got their hands on those cases, maybe dropping them an email would help. We need the length between an outer 120mm fan screw hole, and the edge of the case. If it's over 17mm it's OK.

I checked a german review from a link on Yeong Yang.com and it did not show a lot of space in the bottom front. Could be mistaken ofcourse. The back surely did not have enough space.

MMh i'm not fond of top mounting rads, i prefer putting the airtrap there ;)
Anyway you can mount one at bottom, facing front, by getting rid of the 3.5" bays. For the 2nd one i don't see.. Another idea: mount them both in the right side panel (the one behind the mobo), between the PSU and the 5.25" bay ? (edit) ah no, only one may fit there once the PSU is mounted..
(edit2) lookie !
http://www.lian-li.com/products/pcv2000.htm
ain't it pretty.. i need better photos of the interior though..

Last edited:
The V2000 is a very promising candidate:
inside1.jpg
Two Pro Cores may fit.. this case was made with watercooling in mind ;)
airtrap = small res to catch bubbles
air in the rads is not a good thing..
on my quick schematics i've put two possible locations for a res / airtrap.
Of course a bay res is a good option with this case.
What's holding you back with this one ?

I would say the price at first. It is about 80 Euro more expensive then the Lian Li PC-75 which has a windows ;-)

I can't say I like the position of the 2 heatercores. the front may be ok, but the one on the bottom not. I want to run my heatercores in parallel and therefore I want them ti have the same amount of air at the same time.

Here (in France) the PC-75 is @ 252€ (best price)
I can get a PC-V2000 for 269€... not such a big difference...

As for the 2nd heatercore, you could mount it in the mobo-side panel (just over the position where i've drawn it), and get exactly the same air flow. But i doubt the way i've put it is so bad: the case is mounted on wheel casters, so the under side is quite free.

And well the window, ha, who cares, i'm usually a "all go no show" type :) Well at least you get a "virgin" case, modding aluminium is quite easy...
I whish it existed in black though, my current YY is all black and i've matched components accordingly...

Cheapest I could find the PC-75 was 219 Euro while the V1000 does 299 Euro.
That is a big difference for me. For 80 Euro's I can buy several other stuff I would need to finish the case.

I do not like mounted such a heavy weight in a side panel. Also, the motherboard needs space of it's own ;-)

About the windows, I do not really care for it too but I like the way it is done. Without the rubber.

freshy98 said:
Cheapest I could find the PC-75 was 219 Euro while the V1000 does 299 Euro.
That is a big difference for me. For 80 Euro's I can buy several other stuff I would need to finish the case.
Found the PC-V2000 @ 225€ in Italy.. Try and call them (if you speak Italian, else find someone who does ;) ) to get a quote on shipping charges ;) :
http://www.swzonesystem.it/product_info.php?products_id=1160

freshy98 said:
I do not like mounted such a heavy weight in a side panel. Also, the motherboard needs space of it's own ;-)
Huh ? It's not in the mobo "zone" at all... it's in the lowest part of the case, just mount it vertically instead of horizontally on my schematics. And it's a side panel you're not supposed to get off much anyway... The lowest "zone" of this case, once stripped of its 3.5" bays, is a good place to put lots of heavy stuff...

I know what shipping costs from Holland to Italy. Cheapest way is about 25 Euro.

I think I lost you on the placement of the two heatercores, sorry. Can you explain again?

What about Belgium ? I'm sure you can find a PC-V2000 under 250€ not too far away from you.
Here's how i would mod the case:
* first, get rid of useless 3.5" racks and this weird thing over the mobo tray
inside2.jpg
* next put the 2 heatercores that way:
inside4.jpg
* or that way:
inside5.jpg
* or both vertically ... (in the side panel)
I'm quite sure there's enough room for that, since the case is 210mm wide and i don't see anything that would restrict heatercore placement, and the mobo is far away, look how it fits there:
http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/cases/lian_li/pcv2000/page5.htm

The idea may work out, but I still think it is an unpracticle case for use with big heatercores. Placing the Heatercores is one thing, the hoses and waterpump and access to the waterblocks (2 in my case) is another thing.

I will make a picture on what my idea is for the Lian Li PC-75.

Here is what I have in mind. Don't mind the res in the top on the third picture.
Didn't want to redo all the drawing again ;-) I decided to put a res on the back to cut down on hose length.

blackbays440.jpg

pc71in4401.jpg

pc71in4402.jpg

Last edited:
I think the V2000 is a better option, since one can keep all the 5.25" bays. 7x5.25" means i can install a double height bayres, my 2 optical drives, 2 HDD silencers, and my rheobus all in front of the mobo.
Thanx to ChucuSCAD on SilentPCReview forums i have the dimensions of the lower part:
you have ruffly 7.75" wide clear by 9" high by 14"s with the front HD rail installed to the PS pick up about another inch if you loose the front HD rail.
it means i can put 2 heater cores side by side, in any position, plus a pump, and all the tubing, without any problem, between the PSU and the front of the case.
Besides all watercooling equipment resides in the lower part, and i could put a res or a bay-res on top, and have a perfect fill / bleed solution. No risk of air trapped in heater cores...
I have currently 3 waterblocks (CPU + GPU + NB) - and i appreciate the V2000 layout, for most of the tubing can reside in the lower part. Indeed it has more room than the 75. And tubing / wires are not as spread across the case..
For the price i don't see any better solution...

(edit) with the PC75 you'll lose half of the 5.25" bays, have the pump stting in front of the mobo, and heatercores at the highest position, which will create fill/bleed nightmares.. and a lot of modding is implied. The V2000 allows a totally stealth mod with both heater cores laying on the base...

Last edited:
Back