• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to fill a T-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemidude

I just got all my stuff and I cant find a good guide for filling a T-line. If anyone could post a link that would be great. Thanks.

-Fill T line to the top.
-turn on Pump
-keep Filling until no more water is needed
-leave cap off as system bleeds
-place cap on and enjoy

that should work

Thank you, I was reading all about sucking the air out and flipping the box. I didnt know what to do.

I am going to have to put you guys on the payroll! LOL. Thanks for all the help. (I know I am not done with you guys yet.)

You'll probably have to do some flipping. Tons of air got caught in my rad when I was filling it. I had to flip it, shake it, ect to get all of the air out. It was no fun. I think it was partly because of my T-line's position. When you think your system is totally filled, put your ear close to the rad and shake it. If you hear water sloshing there is still air in it.

Dont turn on the pump until there is water on the inlet side...

Also after you fill it with your T-line rock your case back and forth so you can get the big bubbles out. This will speed up your bleeding process.

Thanks again. I just figured out the search feature comes up with no matches unless I am logged in. Sorry for the redundant questions. Doh!

hemidude said:
How about the swiftech fill kits? They look pretty easy to make and use. But would they hinder flow? Thanks.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ex-res-05.html

Because of the t-fittings, this one would restrict flow quite a bit. A newer revision doesn't use the t-fittings in this manner, but it uses springs instead to keep the tubing from developing kinks, which is decidedly better than using a t-fitting such as in the first one. However, all Swiftech fill & bleed kits are made form 3/8" ID valves, fittings, and tubing, so unless your system uses 3/8" ID tubing, it would cut your flow pretty severely.

I tried to make my own version using 1/2" ID tubing, but it's impossible to jam all that into a 5.25" drive bay. I therefore designed the system to exist in other "free" areas of the case, but all the tubing made my mid-tower case very cluttered. the case was practically full of tubing and I hadn't even installed the PSU yet. In the end, it was more trouble than it was worth. Although it made the system marginally easier to fill, my rad had a leak, so I had to tear it all apart. I rebuilt my system using a t-line.

I wish I had pics of my crazy fill & bleed thing to show you guys, but I was so upset after the rad started leaking that I didn't think to take any pictures. I can draw a picture I suppose! :p

Alright, it's about time I posted a pic of my first wc setup anyway. I'll dig out the camera (just moved out of my Pittsburgh apartment). I'll also draw a diagram of my fill & bleed "system" haha!

Edit: Posted pictures in a new thread. Sorry for intruding on this one...

Last edited:
Back