• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier PS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainted152

Registered
i have a meanwell s320-12 which takes 120v 6amp AC to run, and a antec true430 PS running my computer, anyone ever tried to power up a PS like the meanwell by using the computer PS?

or anyone have any idea's how i can set this up to run with 2 different supplys in the 1 system

I would recomend it. That way if you forget, or someone else turns on your computer, there is now way for them to turn on the computer and not the pelt.

I am not sure how the on of on a meanwell works, but I am assuming it is just a switch on the main power line from the wall. What you need to do is make or buy a relay. A relay will work such that when you apply 5 or 12 or whatever voltage it needs, it will essentially turn on a switch. You connect it to your main psu and the meanwell, and whenever your main psu is on, the pelt will be on.

If you get the meanwell from swiftech it comes with the realy wired and ready to go. Not too hard to make one though. I always put my entire cooling system on a seperate psu from the hardware exept the case fans.

Back