• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Formate C: in Windows 2000???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
are you trying to install win2k or is win2k already on system. If you are tring to install win2k and the drive is already partitioned just boot from the cd. Otherwise you will have to boot from a win98 boot disk and partition and format from there.

Actually upgraded to Windows 2000 and now my printer HP Deskjet 1000c, scanner Mustek, modem, etc...need new drivers which on the printer hp does not provide for Windows 2000 the modem I only know as a Compaq Presario 56K-VSC, the scanner on this system is an old SCSI model Mustek MFS 6000 CX..etc, etc, etc, So as a result of all this I just want to format the hard drive and load Windows 98SE back on it....no fdisk or format commands that I can find to whack the hard drive

If you have a win98 bootdisk or just a dos bootdisk with fdisk and format on it boot from them do what has to be done. Win2k doesn't have the tools in a usable form for what you want to do.

Back