• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My setup (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guderian

Greetings;

having been a lurker here for a while, I would like to first thank you all for the many great ideas, and for the helpful ( not to mention free) advice.

Now to the setup:

XP +2500 @ 2.2Ghz (11*200) locked proc, so just the most basic oc.
Gigabyte 7n400-Pro2 very high onboard sensor readings (55c idle with stock HSF)
Lian Li PC-60

Swiftech 5002 and MCV20 ( I wanted to get rid of that damned NB fan)
Eheim 1250 (with new impeller, due to some ... shall we say... poor water conditions)
D-Tec Jr120 mounted between psu and 5.25 bays
two dteck shrouds
two evercool alum 120's push pull blowing into the case on a home made 7-12 volt switch ( one fan outside cause it wouldn't fit otherwise)
Criticool relay ( I didn't want to cut up the case any more than necessary.)
some clearflex60, distilled water, some swiffy additive, and a little antifreeze as a biocide ( I'm not certain hydrx is a biocide)

overall
with the fans running at 7volts my temps went from 55c idle/59c load to 41c idle/44c load with a relatively constant 75f ambient. case temp usually hovers around 38, but I have yet to calibrate my sensors.

now for the pics

1. Before shot.
2. All the new bits (minus one fan i had already installed)
3. up and running
4. up and running two
5. Tight fit up top

Attachments

• 1 before.jpg
    1 before.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 471
  • 2 all the bits.jpg
    2 all the bits.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 474
  • 3 side.jpg
    3 side.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 4 other side.jpg
    4 other side.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 471
  • 5 up top.jpg
    5 up top.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 490
and finally:

What happens when you run your pump with air in it.

Attachments

• 6 damaged impeller.jpg
    6 damaged impeller.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 792
Great job, nice and clean, looks great, seems as if you have some good temps also.

You may want to get that bleed line as high as possible, you could have trapped in in there.

Now take advantage of that water and get that rig folding :)

that water's looking pretty green, did you put the whole additive bottle in?

It's actually relatively clear, but the flash makes it look opaque. I did put the whole bottle in though. 2 oz hydrx, about 650 ml of distilled water, plus a hit of antifreeze ( looks suspiciously identical to the hydrx)

u mounted ur rad on the top?

Yeah, wanted to get it under the 3.5 bay, but I couldnt find any 5.25 drive rail adaptors for my 3.5 drives, so modding the 3.5 assembly was out.

I realized halfway through the build that if I put both fans in the case, I would have to mod my mobo, and that wasn't something I was willing to do just yet. thinking about getting a Heatercore that will hold the two 120s side by side, and putting it up top.

I was hoping to find a bushing to put on the outer threads of the Eheim inlet that would also have threads on the outside so i could attach a pvc tline directly to it as a sort of mini resevoir, but the inlet threads are between 3/4 and 1/2 and they don't make those types of things in 5/8's. I'll probably cut up the part Eheim supplies with the pump and attach it instead.

Attachments

• rad internal.jpg
    rad internal.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 729
invisible hand said:
Hey......I just noticed how you installed your floppy drive....very clever, I will be using that in the future :thup:

Whats that metal block mounted between the floppy and the HD?

attachment.php

this is a good way to mount your rad after bleeding. make sure the inlet is the bottom one

if oyu can you want to make inlet of pump as un restricted as possible . especialy for the ehiems

jamesavery22 said:

I think they are both HD's (correct me if I'm wrong) and he has reversed the position of everything to hide the wires that exit that back of the drives.

invisible hand said:
I think they are both HD's (correct me if I'm wrong) and he has reversed the position of everything to hide the wires that exit that back of the drives.

System looks great, but in order to access the floppy you have to remove the side panel, seems peculiar since that Lian Li case has 3 3.5" external drive bays.

Hey......I just noticed how you installed your floppy drive....very clever, I will be using that in the future

I wish I could take credit for that, but someone on this board did it first. Maybe Turbokeu, I can't remember.

exactly how were your water coniditons to effect your Ehiem impellor in such a damaging way?

i think he ran it dry.

It wasn't dry, per se.... but I can only imagine that such damage would be due to an air bubble, or crooked shaft. Eheim didn't have any info on the prob, but they replaced the impeller for me. I think it was the shaft, and the on/off of the pump, so I now run the pump 24/7.

It is an old HD

this is a good way to mount your rad after bleeding. make sure the inlet is the bottom one

if oyu can you want to make inlet of pump as un restricted as possible . especialy for the ehiems

Thats the only way I could mount that rad, and i usually just twist the case, or lay it on its side ( as in the pic) when filling it.

System looks great, but in order to access the floppy you have to remove the side panel, seems peculiar since that Lian Li case has 3 3.5" external drive bays.

True, but the yellowed cover just doesn't match my exterior.
Besides, the only floppy I use is a copy of memtest ( or whatever its called). I just set the bios to not check the a:\ when booting.

As for hiding the cables... you are correct. And I even had to mod something to make it happen... hehe

I used a spare molex y-cable, and dremmel'd the nubs off one side. quickest mod I ever did :)

Check out my 'mad photoshop skillz'... hehe

Attachments

• Modded Molex.jpg
    Modded Molex.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Front closed.jpg
    Front closed.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Front open.jpg
    Front open.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 272
Back