• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lapped ww

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

i just lapped my ww and i just realized that the middle of the base is just a bit concave compaired to the edges, it is barely there. I mean i can notice it once i put an edge up to it, but will it matter, casue i just finished lapping and i don't want to go back to 400 grit and do it all again
thanks

Yes it will matter. Think of thermal paste filling in micro pores to improve cooling and now you are talking about a concave section on your WW.

Why oh why do people have the notion that lapping for a shiny surface means it will be flat?

yea, i just finshed doing it again

the very outer edges are a bit curved out, but i made sure that the inner square where the cpu will sit is flat and it is. so is that ok then
thanks

wait, stupid me, i actually meant convex(the middle is popping out more than the sides)
yea i was using a piece of glass

Back