• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mag #3 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IYIENACE

This is going to suck....will the Mag 3 destroy my data on my HDDs? It never even occured to me when I mounted the pump beside my hard drives and cut the hose to length; etc. :bang head

The pump is literally right against the drive cage and it has maybe 2mm clearance on the opposite side due to my sound card.
I guess if there is any chance of causing data errors I will be forced to mount it externally. I'm seriously contemplating ditching this pump and buying something non-magnetic & smaller.
Advice please?

We have had this discussion time and time again. Your HDD will be fine. Infact, I used to run my HDD with it sitting on top of my pump, but that was only for a temp setup.

Cyrix_2k said:
We have had this discussion time and time again. Your HDD will be fine. Infact, I used to run my HDD with it sitting on top of my pump, but that was only for a temp setup.

Sorry! I almost always search subjects first but saw this posted elsewhere and guess I just kinda panicked. Thank you for answering my question though. (Mods feel free to delete this thread if you like. :-/ )

IYIENACE said:
Sorry! I almost always search subjects first but saw this posted elsewhere and guess I just kinda panicked. Thank you for answering my question though. (Mods feel free to delete this thread if you like. :-/ )
It's fine. Infact, I answered the way I did 'cause I forget WHY it's fine, and just remembered that it IS fine. It has something to do with what the outside of the HDD is made of...

Back