• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very noobish question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

what is a t-line? i looked through some of the stickies and got a t-line vs res debate and did a search on the forums for t-line but nothing really came up to explain what it is :p

its a T fitting that you put somewhere in your setup. when you fill your setup you put the water in there, and while its running, air comes up the tline and gets replaced with water. this process is known as bleeding.

is the t-line necessary? i was talking to some1 and had mentioned that i was thinking of building my own res and they said t-line would be easier? :confused: :confused:

This is a T-Line. To answer your question you will need the t-line to fill and 'bleed' the air out of your setup porperly. Althought simpler in design and cheaper I think having a res actually makes filling and bleeding the system easier because of its larger space to trap air.

i dont know about being easier to use a t line, friend had it, and eventually just gave up, i have a rather large res/waterfall, using it means that all i have to do is squeeze the air bubbles a little to force them out, and then voila no bubbles in my system (the pump is covered by 4-5 inches of water)...

Back