• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water loss?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kanuuker

Registered
What's a normal rate of water loss in a closed system? I'm having to fill mine once a week or so. I don't remember it being this bad before, but since the summer it's really dropping fast.

I'm using mostly distilled water with a little window washer fluid with an electrical junction box for a reservoir. I don't seem to be leaking anywhere.

Thanks

kanuuker said:
What's a normal rate of water loss in a closed system? I'm having to fill mine once a week or so. I don't remember it being this bad before, but since the summer it's really dropping fast.

I'm using mostly distilled water with a little window washer fluid with an electrical junction box for a reservoir. I don't seem to be leaking anywhere.

Thanks

better find that leak.

also, if the loop isn't air tight it could just be evaporating. especially if wherever it's being kept is not air conditioned.

I'm not leaking, I just double checked but it seems to be too much for evaporation.

I'm using just the plain clear tubing (1/2") from Lowes. I also live in Alabama where it's damn hot and humid however I keep my place a/c'd below 70. My cpu temps are between 25 and 30 C (oc'd Athlon 2500).

it shudnt lose ANY water at all. some ppl have ran their rigs water cooloed without refilling them THAT often. i say every 6 months is a LITTLE refill only.

Back