• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Typical solution to run? (also where to get t line and blue antifreeze?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

Ok, I got distilled water, and what else is usually used in WC rigs? anti freeze + distilled water? that it? like 80% distilled water and 20% anti freeze or what?

Also, the T-line I got from MC master doesn't fit my tubing, so what STORES(not online) sell them? would home depot or someone? Blue anti freeze...only VW and Audi dealships sell it? anywhere else? thx

Well for blue antifreeze pick up some BMW brand I believe and as for the T-fitting check your local lowes,homedepot, or plumbing shop.

k i hope homedepot has the t line

now what about %? 80 and 20 sound good? anything else to add?

well most of the time your not going to find that stuff on the website, but if you check the store or call them for that matter and tell them you want a plastic barbed t fitting in the size they maybe able to help. Also 10-20% antifreeze is a good mix.

i've been to home depot many many many times over the past few days as I get all the pieces I need, and I'm almost positive you'll find the T fitting you need. Just look in the plumbing section (there's usually a metal one and a plastic one, but they should be close).

got the stuff, but the t line is gonna be hard as hell to fit tubing on...hope i can get it by heating tube...i got green anti freeze from murrys

if i have one gallon of water, exactly how much antifreeze is necessary? im totally confused on this... do i need 1 gallon + 10% of a gallon or 1 total gallon of solution combining the antifreeze and water in a 10% antifreeze solution?

how do ppl measure that crap anyways???

drsomewhat said:
if i have one gallon of water, exactly how much antifreeze is necessary? im totally confused on this... do i need 1 gallon + 10% of a gallon or 1 total gallon of solution combining the antifreeze and water in a 10% antifreeze solution?

I use my trusty pyrex measuring cups! :D If I'm trying to make 80oz of solution, I'll measure out 4oz of Zerex with the measuring cup, dump it in, then measure and add 74oz of distilled water. That will give me the 1:20 ratio I need, does that make sense?

what i ended up doing was takin 1 gal and adding 1.6 cups antifreeze - thats a 10% antifreeze solution right there, and you have a lot left over in case you need to refill

2 tbsp = 1fl oz

then use a 20oz bottle from your favorite beverage to measure. 15% solution would be about 3oz or 6tbsp of cooliant for every 20oz water...because not everyone has pyrex cups... :eek:

Or is soda in a 21oz bottle? i forget :beer:

Orpheus said:
2 tbsp = 1fl oz

then use a 20oz bottle from your favorite beverage to measure. 15% solution would be about 3oz or 6tbsp of cooliant for every 20oz water...because not everyone has pyrex cups... :eek:

Or is soda in a 21oz bottle? i forget :beer:

Haha, sorry about that... Yeah, not everyone has Pyrex cups. Those medium-sized water bottles are 24oz.

I have the blue anti-freeze from VW and it doesn' look blue to me. I looks a little moreteal, or green and I really was hoping for straight up blue. Has anyone ever tried "Engine Ice" coolant before. I heard is real nice and blue.

Pyrex measuring cups? x teaspoons = x ounces? man you guys are a bunch of scientists!

I just used a plastic cup, used a sharpie to make a line about a third of the way up, and then put one cup of antifreeze and then 9 cups of distilled water. but I like doing things ghetto.

I also have the audi antifreeze. wish it came in smaller bottles. what am I going to do with a gallon of the stuff?

drsomewhat said:

Didn't you take any chemistry in school? :eh?:

Back