• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prommy on an AMD????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuantumPC

Disabled
Well, I have been looking into prommies and vapochills, even though I don't know enough to buy one, or have enough $$. Anyways, I see all these people with like 3.0'[email protected] and crap. I have NEVER seen anyone with a prommie using an AMD system

Does anyone know what the highest speed is for an AMD chip reached on a vapo or prommy? 3.5 ghz? highest I have seen on an intel is 4.95

just got my MachII up and running :attn: and the 2600 in my sig seems to be topping out right around 2900MHz :( ...13*223 @ 2.125V mem: 2,2,2,10
i think i might be able to squeeze out a little more...

EDIT: seem to have topped out at: 225x13 (2925MHz) 2.1V mem: 2,3,2,10

Last edited:
there are alot of people with amds and prommys and lightspeeds but .they dont use the xp chips anymore most people have moved onto a64. also if you look there are some people with bartons at 3.0-3.1.

Ppl have reached over 3ghz w/ the a64s. You don't need LN2 to reach that. Just really good cooling and a good chip.

If all you want is 3GHZ, a newcastle would be your best bet. If you want to get better performance, the mobile a64s with 1mb cache would probably be better. I am just gonna build my phase change system then crank this a64 as high as it can go and stop there.

Back