• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kind of confused about fitting sizes on my setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackZ06

Registered
Basically I'm going to get MCP600 pump... it says 1/2" barbs does that mean ID or OD? The heatercore I plan on getting has 1/2" OD barbs which I'm guessing equates to a 3/8" ID? it's the black dual heatercore from voyeurmods.com.Anyne know if the fittings on there are chaneable? I read on here that the flow will only be as good as the smallest diameter so does this mean everything else should be 3/8" ID too? Is 1/2" ID a whole lot better than 3/8" ID? Sorry for all these dumb questions but before I take the plunge i'd like to get all my questions out of the way. Thanks for the help guys!

Tubing fits over barbs, so 1/2'' barbs requires 1/2'' ID tubing. Yes, 1/2'' OD tubing usually equates to 3/8'' ID, and the smaller tube diameter will restrict your flow more, but not as badly as an entirely 3/8'' ID setup. Make sure your pump inlet is not being restricted by 3/8'' ID hose, or your pump will have trouble. I looked at that heatercore and I don't see the barb sizes...but you might want to look into a different heatercore because the 3/8'' will hurt flow. The Double Heatercore from Dangerden.com is 15 dollars cheaper, and gives you the option of 1/2'' or 3/8''.

Back