• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick and basic wawa for cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keys

Registered
i want to upgrade from my swiftech MCX462-V and tornado, and i need to keep the setup really small for my case, lian li pc6077, so i'm sticking to just a cpu block and a single 80mm radiator, which ill mount on the top blowhole. what would be the cheapest and most effective setup for this?

right now i'm looking at the swiftech MCR80-F1 for a radiator. for the block i really like the danger den tdx. but for the cost, is the performance alot better than the maze4? for a pump, im thinking maybe the eheim 1028. but i don't know too much about pumps... i'd also like to get a 5.25 bay res, and ill probably get the tubing and clamps at my local hardware store to save money. also what is the recommended liquid or liquid additive to use in a setup like this?

thanks in advance any advice :bday:

If you are going to use the tdx, I would recommend a pump with a little more power. As far as the fluid, distilled water works great, just get it a drug store.

Shawn

Mag 3 has better performance and price than a 1250... Not as quite tho..

Cheap block that performs well... MCW6000 (or wait for the 6002)

Get a HC for your rad and a tupperware shroud..

T-line is the cheap way (works the same just slower...)

Distilled water with antifreeze with corrosive inhibitor

That setup is very cheap...

Back