• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 water system for 2 PC's ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rpkole

I was wornding if any one has used one water system for running 2 PC off of or would it put to much work on the pump and mabey put a 2nd radiator on it where it jumps from one PC to the other

could i put in a 2nd pump to keep it flowing at a good speed

Rpkole said:
could i put in a 2nd pump to keep it flowing at a good speed
[/QUOTE]
why not just use 2 seperate systems then [/QUOTE]

lol would be like two people sharing spit :D

No reason why you cant use a 2nd pump in series. No problems with cooling 2 systems with one loop its just like cooling a duelly. The rad needs to be bigger aswell ;)

the net of 2 pumps would not be equal to 2 seperate systems.

now if you wanted to make 2 seperate loops in 1 big box that would possible be a solution. you can also consider using larger pumps and fans with a seperate box and still remain quiet

well i have one box that is OC big time and the other runs at stock so i was thinking putting it like this OC box, small rad, stock box, big rad and the rest of the system in another box by it self. I was also going to look at water pumps for fountains see if they had bigger heads.

He too could have gotten away with a lesser pump. Really, what you will need is a lot of radiator SA and airflow. That is what really seperates the men from the boys :D

I was thinking of building a seperate box using an old AT Mid tower case. Put 2 (2/120mm) Bonniville radiator/heatercores. Use 2 pumps in series but have them on opposite ends of the loop. Rad1->Quad-flow Res-> Pump1->Comp1->rad2->Quad-flow Res->pump2->comp2

Set the tower near the other 2 and connect hoses to em. This way you could have the water cooling tower next to one tower and the other on a seperate desk a few feet away and still have enough power in the system. Just use one with slightly higher head for the remote system.
Some pluses of the system would be...... Less noise in the other 2. If you use sound dampening around the radiators it shouldnt be too bad. Less dust in the other 2 systems cause of less air intake. Lastly if anything fails it will most likely be in the cooling tower.

I think the harder part would be the heat disapation from the line. If you can manage to disapate enough heat then go for it. Goodluck and let us know how it goes.

JT

Back