• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nventiv out of business suxs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah that sucks. I wonder if we will be able to get our hands on prommy mounting plates for LGA775's or BTX's :(

It is too bad. It seems like these days all of the good little companies are going out of business because of these huge companies. That is one reason I choose to use Linux because it supports individual devlopment not a big company. Maybe someone will start Nventiv up again but I guess for now it will be all custom made stuff unless you go to Vapochill.

arabarabian said:
It is too bad. It seems like these days all of the good little companies are going out of business because of these huge companies. That is one reason I choose to use Linux because it supports individual devlopment not a big company. Maybe someone will start Nventiv up again but I guess for now it will be all custom made stuff unless you go to Vapochill.

hehe ya but uhm these days it depends on what brand you get to support it =/ .. redhat no suse no mandrake no .. DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN PEOPLE JUST LIKED COMPUTERS INSTEAD OF CHARGING 39028409238409234 FOR EVERYTHTINGIONERW()sdhs9h

Was just wondering if anyone had any indication they were gonna go under, or was it a complete shock to everyone. Just hard to imagine a company with such a great product and such little compitition would be the one to go under. From what I had heard they had really good customer service, but I had heard of several RMA's from other members who own these which suffered from leaks of the condensor during shipment or leaks around the evap head, maybe they were taking too much of a loss on these types of repairs/shipping?

I had mentioned it a while back, that they chose to make to large of a profit margin on their units, when priced out, they were making roughly 500~600 bucks profit per unit...thats ridiculous. They should have lowered the prices, took less of a profit per unit, and sold more to the average joe. It might not have saved them...but its a known, applied , better business practice.

the only real problem I have with them going out of business, is how the **** am I supposed to get new CPU head kits that will make my mach I & II work with future CPUs? this really sucks, as were in a transition point from socket 478 to the new sockets...and they stated "support for future sockets"... :(

thats the prob with this days business model.money first and f**k the workers, the customers and everyone else. can u believe i actually lived in a time when companies expected u to stay with them for 30 yrs.. they paid insurance/benefits etc u could actually call in sick. this generated unbelievable loyalty and generations worked for these industry giants. now u get companies like these.. they spring up like mushrooms and when the sun shines they melt away..

Amen. I got 16 years in at my present employer. When someone tries to put in their 2 weeks notice they are told to "Get out and now!" But when someone quits without a 2 week notice they get all ****y and say "Well thats gratitude for you". It is a very different world.

Back