• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to drain system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemidude

I want to make some routing changes to my rig. Being a noob, what is the most efficent way to drain it? I use a T-line. Thanks.

carefully....... j/k

Get a bunch of clean rags and slow take one hose off and drain the fluid into a cup while holding the other opening. It is a slow process. Can you take the whole system out of the case?

I guess I could take it out, but I have it all crammed in a mid-tower. I have the T on the lowest point before the inlet of the pump. Maybe I could let the pump empty itself? Doh!

what i usually do with a T line is just pull out one component (preferable the radiator or pump) cut off or pull off the tube and let it drain out..
make sure u have the t line top open when u do this (makes it faster)
always keep eye on it!!! or else u'll have a bunch of coolant feet (that was a bad day)

Would there be any significant adverse effects from having two T-Lines?

With one at the bottom of the loop and one at the top. The one at the bottom being used for draining the system (into a bucket or whatever) and one at the top, for filling the system and when draining, after unplugging the bottom drain T and having it in a safe location (bucket), blowing on the top T to flush the water out.

u can drain a little faster with two.. but its too much trouble..
i tried installing two and it was a pain.. just went back to one.

For me I have the pump that can be taken out of the case easily... It's not permanently attached with bolts/nuts.. It's held down by a ziptie on a sponge.

Whenver I have to flush I bring the case over a sink and take the pump out of the case and then just disconnect the intake hose.. and blow some air into the T-line to get all the water pushed out

I suggest not blowing into the system....... Just think of all the bacteria and germs going onto the system from your mouth...... I would suck and spit before i infest my system with massive amounts of little germs. I attach my air compressor and blow out the system till it drys

Surreal said:
I suggest not blowing into the system....... Just think of all the bacteria and germs going onto the system from your mouth...... I would suck and spit before i infest my system with massive amounts of little germs. I attach my air compressor and blow out the system till it drys

Once you put the antifreeze all the germs... bacteria will die.. If it was just regular tap water or just distilled water then there are problems but... no need to worry bout those things

I ran my hoses so the flow went pump-rad-rbx and my temps rose. So I went back to rad-pump-rbx. I wonder why?

Back