• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watering a Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rpkole

has any one watered their Power supply and if so can you give me some pointers on how to and some of the do's and dont's

u gotta know ur electronics pretty good..
i'm trying to find a HDD water block to cool the mosfets in my power supply right now. lemme tell ya, its gonna be hard.

korndog let me know if you find any thing one idea i had was to pull the heat sinks out cut them down and solder a small water block on or one big one to hit both heat sinks in the power supply

I've considered doing this, but now that I will be using a Sparkle 550 watt, there's just no room in there.

And btw, I hope you mean water cooling your power supply, it sounds like you mean watering it like you would water your house plants... not a good idea!

squeakygeek said:
I've considered doing this, but now that I will be using a Sparkle 550 watt, there's just no room in there.

And btw, I hope you mean water cooling your power supply, it sounds like you mean watering it like you would water your house plants... not a good idea!

squeaky, u crazy :p

squeakygeek said:

Naw i want to water cool it but i do have a old 150 Watt PS that i may go stick under a hose :p

okay you win lol. BUT I AM not CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA ::goes to water his psu::

Well I have had great success watering my psu. I planted a couple 300watters that came with my cases, added a little fresh silicon to the soil, some water (with miracle grow), and 5 weeks later I had a crop of hardy 550's ready to be picked. Nothing like that fresh psu taste no added preservatives.

HAHAHA Funney man wish i could do that i would love to beable to plant a 300 watt and out comes 550 watts power supplys

FizzledFiend said:
www.zerofanzone.com this is a master, keep that in mind. Obviously he is some sort of enginering freak! ;)

That's bladerunners work! Awesome stuff!! i was lookin for that page the other day :D. I've thought about watercooling my PSU. Look how Bladerunner manages it. Not too tough. There's plenty of room after you take the stock sinks out.

J.

Well the secret to getting bigger power supplies is to make sure that you use plenty of miracle grow and scrap electronics for fertilizer.

Back