• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quicksilverXP

My glowmotion UV blue dye does not show at all through my Tygon Tubing. I even tried three different wall thicknesses,allthe way to a small 1/16 inch wall thickness. Can anyone else confirm Blue UV dye through Tygon? Also, can anyone confirm it through ClearFlex, I might just try some ClearFlex.

I've used the wild fire water dye and both invis. blue and blue show through clearflex. It should also through tygon. Maybe it's your dye?

yea, maybe you didnt use enough of it, or you have bad UV lighting, or, are you in a lighted room? if so, look at it in the dark with just UV light

UV dye in tygon

Yes i would like to say that both invisible blue (only visible in UV-ligt) aswell as ordinary blue, and orange and green and yellow works fine with my tygon hose. I have even used the dye with tygon under blue ccfl´s with good results..

so im guessing a stronger ccfl or a larger dose of dye is required. I use between 10-20 drops of wildfire uv-dye..

Sssnake said:
Yes i would like to say that both invisible blue (only visible in UV-ligt) aswell as ordinary blue, and orange and green and yellow works fine with my tygon hose. I have even used the dye with tygon under blue ccfl´s with good results..

so im guessing a stronger ccfl or a larger dose of dye is required. I use between 10-20 drops of wildfire uv-dye..

Well, it glows very bright in a regular gallon jug, but once placed inside the Tygon it does not at all. I tested this by placing the UV lights beside the plexiglass reservoir (Criticool waterplant) and it didn't glow. BUt when I opened up the reservoir and placed the uV lights above the opening, it began glowing. My theory is that the TYgon and plexiglass resist UV light with this type of UV dye. My next UV dye will be FrozenCPUs.

Right, thanks for the reminder korndog. I forgot that everyone doesent know my setup lol. I use a 30 liter copper container as res. but basicly what i meant is, hook up the wc-rig and add a drop or two at the time until u get the desired results:) for me somewhere between 10-20 drops was enough..

Hehehe. Yeah i would actually love to show it off, but havent a cam, and havent had time to loan one. But rest assured, pics will come :)

Back