• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I take the easy way out? Swiftech H20-22600A - Socket A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

This looks pretty good, for not a bad price (though I've seen it for less). How much could I possibly save by buying parts separately? A car heater core that isn't much bigger than this radiator, is only about $10 less, and when you consider the radiator is $43, the pump is ~ $70, the block $40, tubing at least $20, then the bleed/fill kit, pump relay, dual 120mm fans, isn't this a good deal? Especially considering the performance of the MCW6000, I can't really go wrong, right? What's the general consensus? Am I missing anything?

Get it. Don't forget to put antifreeze / corrosion preventer because of anodized parts.
You'll won't be disappointed, this is a very solid kit.

for about $20-40 more you can build a decent homemade kit that will be much better than that, its pretty decent though.
the dowsides to it are the radiator that it comes with and the fact that it uses 1/2" od tubing, also a better cpu block would be nice.
its also a bit overpriced as you can get the individual parts for less than teh kit is selling for:
MCP-600 $75
12ft clearflex-60 $12 (i know this is a overestimate)
heatercore $10-30
CPU block $50 for a good one like a WW or a RBX
total$160ish
for around $200 you could watercool pretty much everything in your case like NB GPU etc...

Mmh that Swiftech CPU block is a very good performer, up to par with WW and co.
Check out ProCooling ;)
The weak link of the kit is the rad, not the best, still in the absolute it's a good performer, better than BlackIce series.

I have this kit, although a good performer, after afew months its left me wanting more performance (I was warned of this by many off here). So i ended up building a new rig with better heater cores. Im still using the swiftec blocks but only because of my budget I plan on replacing these at a later date. So my advice would be to source better performing parts now rather than later to save money.

fragger56 said:
also a better cpu block would be nice.

Ya ummm that swiftech block performs at the same or even slightly better than those other blocks you suggested with the smaller tubing. That new swifty block is a champ :D.

Ad Rock said:
Ya ummm that swiftech block performs at the same or even slightly better than those other blocks you suggested with the smaller tubing. That new swifty block is a champ :D.
Yes, definitely. It ruffles a few feathers but its apparently "simple" design is very efficient. Its forged base (== good metal quality) is a must too. Getting a better block in terms of efficiency could be quite difficult...

Back