• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's my weakest link?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

As of my processort being fried by my former roommate, i've been revamping my computer. I'm basically only keeping the moniter, mobo, memory, and soundcard. So my two new XP-M 2200+ sitting here are begging me for some serious o/c. this is where the reminates of my old w/c system come in to play. initially i had a via aqua 1300 pump, maze3 wb, and some sh*t radiator.

new plan of action:
one of the rad/shroud combos in the classifieds
1/2 tubing all the way around (formerly mixed with 3/8")
via aqua 1300
2 maze3 wbs (assuming i can stop the leak in the old one)

so in this potential setup, is the limiting factor the wbs or the pump. i think the pump maybe. i eventually want some nicer waterblocks in there, but they cant be too restrictive b/c i will eventually have a gpu and hdd coolers in there (and i dont want a freaking hot-tub size pump).

so pump or wb? which one should i go with upgrading first? and to what?

thanks,
David

you could get some spir@l blocks from dtek. They are quite cheap and they are insanely unrestrictive. And to lower restriction you could run the blocks in parrallel as apposed to in series. If you have a res this could be done pretty easily.

pump

get a mag 3, mine has been working for about 6 months
I LOVE THIS PUMP! its really inaudible i have to feel it to maks sure its on

Cathar said:
So you buried the weapon in a separate location to the body?

well, i would have, but the weapons happen to be attached to my forearms.

Hahaha guys. :clap:

Well upgrading the pump should help a bit, some people like the Vias and some hate them. Exactly what kind of radiator do you have? Upgrading that could yield a fairly substantial temperature drop.

Hydor pumps are a good alternative, and less prone to cracking / leaking than Vias.
Also with the new wave of CPU waterblocks around the corner i guess you can get a better one.. D-Tek sell their old TC-4 (which outperforms the Maze3) for around $25 which is a bargain...

Voodoo Rufus said:
Exactly what kind of radiator do you have? Upgrading that could yield a fairly substantial temperature drop.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=271678 that one

what new wave of WB's? i havent been keeping up in the WC world since the "accident"

who sells d-tek stuff also? d-tek themselves only have one tc-4 in stock.

Last edited:
The radiator combo will probably be a great way to increase your cooling efficiency. I've read good things about them on our forums and elsewhere.

Also, if you're instered, I'm selling a brand new TC-4 (still in packaging) for $25 shipped.

Wedo

Back