• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First watercooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-Spot

So I've finally decided to move from my Aeroflow and lapped stock GPU heatsink to a watercooling setup.

Here's a rundown of my system (also check out my sig link) and a fanbus I made a little while ago.

What I need from you is a final checkup and some suggestions on the setup I'm planning.

Here's what I have in mind:

-DD RBX
-DD Maze4 GPU w/TEC
-Eheim 1250 or Hydor L30 (no sure yet which one)
-Clearflex tubing 1/2'
-Twin Chevette (87) heatercores with fabbed shrouds
-2X 120mm Papst or Panaflow L1 (not sure either will be hooked to a home made 12V/7V fanbus)
-Homemade flowmeter using a canibalized OEM HSF

Right now I'm thinking of the following circuit:

Pump -> Two rads in PARALLEL -> RBX -> M4GPU -> Res or T-Line

I'm thinking using the rads in parallel will slow flow down through them and allow maximum heat transfer before converging (pressure and flow go back up). This setup would also help get rid of most of the pump heat.

The plan so far is to have a separate, modular WC box containing the pump, rads and res.

Any ad all advice is much appreciated.

Looks good as far as I can tell, you have a faily standardized setup (at least around here). External boxzes are nice they get the heat out of your case. As far as running your rads in parallel I reccomend trying both setups parallel/straight as doing this seems to effect system differently one working better than the other.

In that case I'll just get a single, larger rad and save some money along the way. Any suggestions on a good dual 120mm core?

Also, could you help me decide between the two pumps and two fans? Ideally I'd like a pump that is extremely reliable/nearly silent and fan that is almost inaudible at 7V.

Thank you both for your help so far.

edit: One more thing. I don't plan on doing push-pull for the fans so what would work better with a shroud? Pushing or pulling?

almost always go pull if only 1 side is gonna be fanned.
also if you have the room a bonneville core would work . check stickies for how to mod a core . that has great info in it.
you dont really need a double size core for the system you are planning on making.

for the pumps the size diference may be your factor in choosing as the L30 is like almost half the size as the 1250.

Back