• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling case wish list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skane

Thought I'd start a thread about the features we'd like to see in a series of cases that would be ready-built and targeted to house water-cooling or phase-change cooling of the buyer's choice.

My one item... I wish the major case manufacturers would offer a "stretch" version of their popular cases that would easily accommodate pump, rad, res, phase change, etc. in a bottom compartment It's a PITA to do component swaps/maintenance with all the watercooling gear cramping up the mobo area in most configs using non-cube cases.

Separate home-made water cooling boxes seem to be gaining popularity, but it would be great if some cases were just made "ready to go" to accommodate most watercooling or phase change gear. All that is needed is 7 - 10" or so of open space under the motherboard / drives compartment.

The Lian Li PC-Vx and Coolermaster CM stacker are nice (and expensive), but they still cramp the bottom compartment by moving the PSU and/or drives to the bottom.

Here's a Photoshop-created sample using a full tower Chieftec of what I'd spend some extra $ on to save time on case-modding or external box-building.... this would hold 6 x 5.25, 2/6 x 3.5 external/internals + watercooling gear on the bottom.

stretchchieftec.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. The 7 foot case. I agree though, a special section for WC components would be nice. Me...I'm in the process of making an external box, which I will post in a thread in the next week or so.

thats large enough for 2 full systems if you put a second mobo tray in it

im actualy working on the same thing you are but with a slightly diferent perpose in mind .
there will be a new form factor for cases next year possibly as the new mobos come out and may have diferent dimentions than current designs

dude I want one, thats like heaven in a computer case, imagine how many rads you can put in there :drool: :drool: and then some. 2 Computers, 2 watercooling loops, several rads, theres cooling heaven. But please add wheels, it would even have room for a huge res, if you want one that is.

How about a zip code?

:D

I like big cases, and even I would hesitate to get something that large. ;)

One of my big complaints with many cases is the width: a few inches more width go a very long way when adding water cooling, although phase change really DOES require a lot of additional space.

But that would be my main wish- width.
My number 2 would be better front bezels: instead of cramming what THEY think is good stuff on the entire faceplate, how about making a removable panel that could maybe have the fancy stuff THEY like on the front, but include a blank that could easily replace it...after suitable modding, of course. ;)

rogerdugans said:
How about a zip code?

:D

I like big cases, and even I would hesitate to get something that large. ;)

One of my big complaints with many cases is the width: a few inches more width go a very long way when adding water cooling, although phase change really DOES require a lot of additional space.

But that would be my main wish- width.
My number 2 would be better front bezels: instead of cramming what THEY think is good stuff on the entire faceplate, how about making a removable panel that could maybe have the fancy stuff THEY like on the front, but include a blank that could easily replace it...after suitable modding, of course. ;)

totally agree with you man.
i'd go for a cube instead of something 3.5 feet high (looks like it) i've already had my antec case tip off from a light bump, and that an't fun with watercooling/phasechange.

Back