• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moony349

Okay, I'm going to be using a second case to house my water cooling components. It will be a Chieftec Dragon case. Tell me if all of this sounds right to you, and that I haven't made any mistakes. I'm going to use the Fedco 2-342 HC, vertically and placed in the back of the case toward the center. On either side of the heatercore I'll have 120mm panaflo's in push/pull. I'll be building a shroud 1.5'' from each side of the HC, and the width of the HC plus the shroud/fan should be equal to the width of the external case. The result will be my heatercore basically isolated from the case itself, and it should get the coolest air possible, correct? In that same case I'll have a floppy disk bay res, and BlueLine 20HD (basically an Iwaki 20RLT), and I'll be running the tubing out the back of the case into a Lian-Li V1000. My waterblocks will be DD TDX on the cpu and Maze4GPU on the video card. How much tubing will I need? I'm looking for a top performing system, but I don't want it to be too noisy, ie Tornado. Anyone have any other ideas or criticism?

a whole dragon just for a rad, some fans, a pump, and some tubes? you could do with a cheaper/smaller case i think

Back