• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mag drive pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

concepts

Registered
I just spent the last 2 week doing a 1/2" copper pipe WC setup with maze4 blocks and a pondmaster mag drive 700 gph pump and I just started thinking that a mag drive pump might not be computer friendly. does any one know how strong the magnets in these pumps are and if it will hurt anything in my computer. By the way has any one seen pictures of a copper tube setup

the magnets don't affect anything. people have run these pumps on top of HDD's, they're fine.

do you know why the magnets don't affect anything? I have my pc on top of a table right next to my monitor. And my monitor pictures shakes a little on the side closer to the pc. It never used to do this until I redid my water cooling setup and added a Mag3 into the mix.

a magnet will only affect ur monitor, u should keep it away from it.

magnets will only affect other magnets in ur computer. Luckly the ones in ur harddrive requires a very strong magnets, microns away from the disk to change ur data. A magnet, even only a centimeter away will not harm it at all. (magnet strength is divided by distance squared, which means a exponental decrease.)
that goes for fans as well.

Back