• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prestone Antifreeze/Coolant?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Akira283-IGN

13.gif

Anyone tried mixing this and distilled water in their system? Yes, I know it's designed for cars, but I'm considering it for my next water-cooling setup.

i was going to get that today, but i just ended up getting zerex antifreeze, i think they are all the same, they have the same stuff in them

I have that with my system right now but with tap water. Not much to say other than it keeps my copper parts safe and water green hehe. Temps lowered a bit too by 1-3C after putting it in for some reason too. Not sure why. :sn:

I've got the 'Dexcool' Prestone stuff in my loops, it's Orange. Seems to work well enough, no signs of corrosion in the upper interior of my Anodized-Aluminum topped Maze 4 when I cleaned it, and my water isn't cloudy or infected with bacteria ;)

Back