• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV die FADES???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got orange, wildfire dye with some pinkish antifreeze, so i dont get that carrot orange, but what i have hasent faded yet...
And yeah, green lasts a long time too :)

i've given up on UV dye. As soon as i add water wetter the color is dulled, the tubes get that slim on them, and it looks dumb.

I use blue FrozenCPU dye & I have not noticed fading at all. The only thing really is that I use water wetter so the tubes get cloudy & that is the only kind of "fading" I notice.

I have heard a lot of complaints about using water wetter with dye & such. But I think it looks kind of cool. It has a cloudly/Blue UV reactive touch to it (in my case). 4x 12" UV CCFL lights it up pretty good. :D

Ok you need to try using Rit Whitener & Brightener instead of blue UV dye you get from FrozenCPU and other places. Its a laundry treatment thats in a powder form and all you do is pour a little bit in your t-line or res and it looks awsome and lasts FOREVER plus it smells good. :clap: I ran it in my old system and never noticed any effect on my temps or anything plus you can get it at your local grocery store for about $1.50 a box. Heres a couple pics of my old system with the Rit in it(scroll down a little)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=297555

Last edited:
DarkDraco said:
after 30 minutes you can start to see the blue fade, in about 2-3 hours its gone.

Ok. I dunno what kinda crap dye u used if it went in a matter of hours. I got some wildfire and gave the blue to a friend, whos been using it for several months now. And his water is still as blue as the day he put it in. (actually just asked him coz i found what u said disturbing)
Wildfire is actually the best dye ive used to date.

Sssnake said:
Ok. I dunno what kinda crap dye u used if it went in a matter of hours. I got some wildfire and gave the blue to a friend, whos been using it for several months now. And his water is still as blue as the day he put it in. (actually just asked him coz i found what u said disturbing)
Wildfire is actually the best dye ive used to date.

I see that you are new to these forums , so welcome. These forums are to post your experiences and such, not to put other peoples result down. Keep putting people down like this and i dont think youll be here too long.

thank you for thye welcome. Sorry if my tone seems a bit ofensive. English isnt my first language, and sometimes i do mistakes. What i meant is; Im sorry i got a bad batch of dye, my personal experience with wildfire dye is of orange,yellow,blue andinvisible blue. Maybe i was just lucky, but neiother me or the friend who got the blue from me has had any fading so far, and its been 2 1/2-3months now.

Hope that is more civil to say, and yet again i appologize for the clumpsy statement earlier.

appoplogy accepted =)
*shakes hand*

it wasnt my fault my dyes faded, and you put me down for it. thats why i said that =/

i got some orange dye from wildfire 2 days ago. still looks sweet, and still glows.
used to have orange coolant with highlighter dye in it and now it looks like tang :D.

my only guess to fading is possibly some chemical reaction. some of the people using the blue dye also used water wetter. from what i've read, water wetter has a base chemical, kind of like a detergent, it would make sense that mixing other solutions would cause a break down in the structure of that solution into seperate ions.

i would recommend trying the dye in water in a cup to see if it fades.

I use highliter liquid out of a bick highliter. One year straight didnt fade one bit and its really bright.

i now have 2 loops in my system... im thinking about having one green and other a different color!

Back