• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

umbiquitous "will this psu power a 226w tec" question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

Yeah, a sparkle/fortron 530watt - everyone says 18amps on 12v, newegg spec sheet shows 16a/28a (weird - which is it?)

I know it will run it, I jjsut do not want to lose performance by having too few amps. I want to stay below 10c at all times, with 112watts or so of cpu heat.

Yea, it'll probably handle it.

Make sure to put a load on the 5V line though.

You might have some problems staying below 10C though. Make sure to keep those water temps down.

well I have PLENTY of room in the new server case being shipped to me - i will probably use two psu's wired together for 24v and over 25amps. Seems like a waste to make one of them the fortron/sparkle 530 though. But I will have to worry about the heat - I have very good watercooling, DD maze4, via aqua 1300, and chevette raddy.
but I had that same stuff in a dedicated loop with a maze4-1 gpu with an 80watt tec and the water lines still got very toasty.

Are you planing to run whole system from this psu, if you the you must consider that psu run the best when they are under 70% load, the 226 watt tec will run the best under 25A, connecting it to your psu may disturb voltage on other rails

it would be dedicated - fortron 350 watt would power cpu/mobo/radeon/HDD.

as to bridging two psu's, I am out of town this weekend, the link is back home - ill get it later. The main point was that you needed to have two identical psu's I think - or it worked better that way - and you disconnect the grounding case screw of the second psu. I think you could have twive the volts or twice the amps, but not both.

Back