• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump recommendation for my setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b0bby

plan on running a single block setup with a dtek procore, possibly adding a gpu block later on but thats about it. haven't decided on which block but it will either be a dtek ww, tdx, or swifty 6002. pumps i have in mind are swift mcp600, eheim 1250, or mag3. being that its one block it shouldn't be that restrictive so im not sure i want the high head of the mcp600. my main concern is noise level. i want the absolute least from my setup. which pump would be best based on my needs. price is not an issue size is, want something to fit in a midtower. any other suggestions/experiences/links would be greatly appreciated.

-b0bby

bump, no love for the noob eh. for those that say do a search. i have searched. but this is a specific instance so searching only did me so much.

Last edited:
Eheim 1250. I have this and if I had no fans (I have 5) I might even not hear the pump. I placed mine on a bed of thin foam rubber and there is no vib-noise; I have it set up so the pump runs when I shut down: it is pretty quiet. Let me know if you need any "how-to's".edit: if I could do one thing different, I would have stuck to the smaller frame, instead of the server tower I used, because any good water-cooling sys will fit in any atx case.

Last edited:
Jibjo said:
Eheim 1250. I have this and if I had no fans (I have 5) I might even not hear the pump. I placed mine on a bed of thin foam rubber and there is no vib-noise; I have it set up so the pump runs when I shut down: it is pretty quiet. Let me know if you need any "how-to's".edit: if I could do one thing different, I would have stuck to the smaller frame, instead of the server tower I used, because any good water-cooling sys will fit in any atx case.

well i have decided to watercool both of my setups, one being northwood p4 and the other being amd 64. i've also decided on the swifty 6002 for the p4 and the tdx for the amd 64. both being single block setups with the dtek procore. with that being said would the eheim 1250 be good enough to buy for both setups or should i get the mcp600 for the swifty block cause that block is very restrictive from the looks of it and use the eheim for the tdx. any experiences with tdx/swifty single block setups and the pump you used would be appreciated.

-b0bby

edit: also how LOUD is the mcp600. anyone who has used variety of pumps please post your experiences.

Back